Spinning round and round in circles

Things will go your way when you least expect it to be.
Things will never come your way if you predict it to be.

Thursday, January 22, 2004

Wow what a Day & Night...

Today is Chinese New Year Day 1. Firstly I would like to wish u all a Happy and Prosperous new year!!! :D Secondly, I would like to recap on the happenings on Lunar New Year Eve. Too many things have happened and I feel like penning the happenings down hehe...

Morning:
CNY Celebration @Meridian. It lasted till 0950 - as expected. To finish everything off, we have a lion dance item and also a Mambo No. 5! lolz.. Thereafter went with Cassandra & JY and a few anoymous others to Macpherson Secondary to meet up with teachers and old friends. We reached there at 11.05. To our surprise, school has been dismissed a long time ago and most of the teachers have left! Luckily, we managed to catch Suhaila, Zainah, Raj & Akram. lolz.. Although they're not chinese, but it's ok to pay them a visit right? =P

Afternoon:
Lunch with my old friends. One of us was sick and needed to go off early.. =( I hope he's fine now.. We went home after that. Then again, I decided not to because I need to copy the Saturday morning 238 Timesheet. =D =D And so... u know... got it? lol.. went home for a while and went back down to do the same thing cos i didnt take that bus previously. hahaa.. call me a maniac or lunatic or lamer.. lol. I simply love buses. =P Spring cleaning after i got home and off for reunion dinner.

Evening:
Reunion Dinner of course.. It's compulsary. Therafter off to City Hall to meet up with my fellow Meridians for a mini gateway to the year of the Monkey. Took a bus to Chinatown. Spent the midnight hours there. And again... I videotaped the fireworks!!! didnt know it would be such a coincidence.. lol.. The esplanade thing in the beginning of the year also.. haha..

In the middle of the night....
After Chinatown was Citylink Mall to meet up with another Meridian @0105 hrs. we took a train there as the train services was extended that night. We played a little game before proceeding to the River Hongbao beside the Esplanade. Some of us wanted to play but could not get tokens.. Oh well... In the end we went to Marina Leisureplex Arcade to play. The games there are quite ex and i didnt really have much 'reserves' with me at that moment. We were there for about 1 hr++. We decided to walk to Lido for a drink/snack but in the end landed up outside City Hall MRT doing crap for almost 2 hours! In the midst of it, i took a 30min nap as I really need it badly because I didnt sleep for the past 21 hours. :X We went to the National Library food centre after that for drinks. By then it was about 0530 already and the morning buses are starting to commence their operations. Two of us wanted to stay behind after that while the rest of us proceeded to Merlion Park for dawn.

As dawn breaks.....
We gave a wake up call to about 12 people at 0600+ in the morning. The rest are still asleep like logs.. Grr.. hahaa... In the midst of these, dawn quietly breaks over the horizon of the Benjamin Sheares Bridge =) It looks really nice!!! =D Maybe I shall make a date with the sun one day there? LOLZ.... We bid goodbye after that and that was about 0720. We practically spent 9 hours together 'pon'ing the whole night. Although we were a small group without much excitement or happening, we still enjoyed ourselves in our own way.

Notice: OPEN HOUSE ALL Day for Woodsvilleans Saturday 24th January 2004 to my place for CNY. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home