Spinning round and round in circles

Things will go your way when you least expect it to be.
Things will never come your way if you predict it to be.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Exams are O-V-E-R

Good news guys: Exams are over so let's go out and PLAY!
Bad news: the results are not out yet.

Basically I believe most if not all of us, whether banking or FT side, are more nervous than ever to see our result slip at the end of this semester. Thanks to brainy and smart lecturers who set exam papers so hard that its very hard to apply what u have learnt into good use. This actually mean one thing la.. We memorise our notes, by no means of in depth understanding of what on earth the points are talking about. Bad side of Singaporean students, nuff said.

Ever since my last update there hasnt been much changes.. update you guys on schoolwork first. As said about Futures & Options and the trading performances for that module, the 6 people i named in my last post battled it out after our FO ICA test on 10th August. Chris Cheong is so loving that he let us study during National Day which eventually I didnt go out at all - not even to snap charter buses at Kallang - on that day. There were 3 rounds of trading: 1st and last were trading yen futures, 2nd being Swiss futures. The atmosphere there is totally different from what you see during class time. What you expect with the best from the 4 classes battle it out man? And this is when chris cheong cannot survive!! hahahahaha... a number of us beat his profit and loss in the 3 rounds. the last round was the most sickening one.. his view was bearish and he was SUPPOSED to stop our trading session at 16:00. He saw the spot rate at a very disadvantagous position to him. So what did he do? "extend 2 more minutes" he said. His 2 minutes became 8 minutes when he closed at 16:08, when the spot rate was higher (means futures price lower - he's bearish = he wont make much losses). Wilson from 08 and I were standing there waiting for him to close as the both of us are bearish also. We talked until we burst out with an evil laughter. oops.. The rest of the people there were somehow tired and didnt wanted to trade as well..

At the end of the day Matthew shone amongst the 6 of us with healthy profits every single round. I underperformed on that day partly due to a sideway market and also the players in the market are very unforgiving. Then again... what can u expect from a competitive market like that? We're still wondering how does he grade us using the credit system he has.

Equity Analysis.. I only started doing on the Sunday before the Thursday due date. That's very high risk for a chim project like that. I even went back to school the previous day to photocopy the statements as it was not available online. No prizes for guessing the company that I did (or did i mentioned in the previous entry?). I had to do up their figures, forecast the next 3 financial years and of course do up the template (which I only started on Wednesday). I admit its a last min job for the template but at least the report looked rather neat due to their positioning. In addition I'm also not design student so you cant expect some nice colour contrasting features on it. Moreover marks are not given for template design.

As I had a competition to attend to on Thursday afternoon, I had to pass the compiled work to Hanjie and Jiamin to finish it up. Thanks guys for the effort done. Gladly appreciate it. Somehow or rather we managed to come out tops in the class. I attribute that to the strong points that everyone of us had put into justifying why would we BUY/SELL this stock. Good job guys.

Business Development.. My group have to maintain our standard from our Phase 1 report and since this coming report constitutes 16% of the overall grade, it is thus very important to get the A grade for this one. Both wendy and I stayed back to do & tidy up the work the other members did as well as to add on compelling yet appealing points in the content so that it would give the report 'the edge'. This was done over 2 occasions and 92% of the work was done by then. The remaining 8% was spent on further editing on our own as well as print/passing up to teacher. We seemed optimistic when we passed up the report.. but not for now. I would expect a max of 78 for the report now, nothing more than that. Its going to be a tough Phase 3 if our numbers are wrong.

ok let's go on a much lighter note schoolwork aside since its the holidays. Our class finally spent this semester's S$6.50 on Swensons Crown Prince Hotel after the last paper on Wednesday. 16 of us turned up - the best turnout ever! what's the saddening part? NO PICTURES for memories -_- If only my bag was with me... but ah well... Since the guys and the girls could not decide on what to do after the dinner, we parted ways. As you know the girls went shopping and the guys... pool! Found out this ulu secluded yet ok pool centre at the basement of Far East Shopping Centre. I wonder how the place survive man.. only 1 table was open when we came. Or maybe it was only before 7pm that's why. lolz.. We parted ways after that. It was a good pool game though. Wonder did the girls buy anything in their shopping trip. hahahahaha....

I'm starting to get a clearer picture of the happenings around me recently, especially over the past 3 months or so.. wonder what was I doing.. dreaming all day long I think. lolz... In addition, different perspectives were told and of course its up for me to determine right from wrong. Librans tend to take both sides and strike a balance you know. Its not good seeing only one side of the coin. haha.. we'll see how things go..

Nothing much from the bus scene since my last update due to projects and exams.

Holidays are here but it seems rather short. 4 weeks of break? More like 3 weeks with almost 1 week being spent at Tsim Sha Tsui. I'm on a study tour to that place for 6 days which includes Macau for 1 night as well. I wish the best for the trip

Bus spotting resumes shortly after that. Its been more than a year since I've spotted supplementary trips of buses which i find this spotting type very demanding and very challenging. Timing is everything here. As this spotting type takes place during peak hours, I need ot have the discipline to get up early and make my way to the interchange to spot them. To others if may just be some normal spotting session but its a different case for me. In addition, the number keeps increasing and its setting a whole new dynamic perspective for my spotting. Wish me luck.

For some reason or another we seem to be wanting to go out together this holiday, although its not the last holiday but its at least the last holiday as a group/class because you never know after February all of us would be splitted upside down and inside out - some working, some NS, some going to NUS/NTU/SIM/SMU and the like. I'm looking forward to anything that's being organised. To give u guys an insight, mahjong sessions and birthday celebrations form part of the action. haha.. Birthday wave is around the corner..... and it starts in September, only ending in December, with the highest concentration in October. (get the hint?) lolz.

Next update, as usual would be my blow by blow accounts from my overseas trip - Hong Kong. I'll see you come September 4th.

ciao~!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home