Spinning round and round in circles

Things will go your way when you least expect it to be.
Things will never come your way if you predict it to be.

Saturday, May 15, 2004

Free Rides Galore!

I heard from SgBus forums that there's a free ride on 143 today. I've also heard from Chris that there's a new generation of SBST guides out. Dubbed as the 'coke' guides (due to design), SBST7 SBST147 and SBST165 have published theirs. With a combination of these, guess what i'll do with a free day like today? Go down and take la....

I went to Clementi via Turf City for the sake of the free shuttle. At this rate of travelling, my ezlink money will be chewed up in no time. How I miss those BCP days when i tap as much as i like. I could still remember my 1st 3 months at MJ.. tap and tap is no one's business. Go anywhere? no problem and tap i go.. lolz..

ok back to the main point. I arrived at Clementi Interchange in the early afternoon and was shocked to see only the orange guides there! Dammit! I called chris up and ask him to deliver the shipment to me immediately. lolz.. As i was waiting for him, I chanced upon a Service 7 Double Decker. I saw coke 7 inside. Hence, i asked driver for permission, went in, take and out i come! the new SBST7. The paper quality is diff from the previous one and the design looked more stylish. However, the back format is more or less the same. Of course the design was altered but the template is the same.

Chris arrived with ONE piece of SBST147 and SBST165. wadda hack?! One piece only? means i have to get more from the buses... no choice.. sigh.. ok then its back to Toa Payoh to catch the free bus on 143' SBS 9529 J departing at 1528 hrs via Turf City again.

I took it from Toa Payoh to Jurong East and from Jurong East to Pasir Panjang Rd. This bus possesses a 132 red/white sticker and a black/white VLS Trial next to it. I concluded that this bus was a perm 132 bus when it was still with HGDEP. This bus was most likely swapped with SBS 9014 C for these 3 days.

The bus departed from TPY @1528 hrs with 95% capacity and the upper deck full! I reckon the previous bus, SBS 9021 G had a nice time fetching few people from TPY. It took around 45 min from TPY to New Bridge Rd. The bus was slow from TPY all the way to New Bridge Rd.

The next bus, SBS 0349 X, overtook SBS 9529 J @Clemenceau Ave. The bus after that, SBS 9122 Z, caught up with SBS 9529 J @West Coast Highway.

There were a few pax on the upper deck i noticed took the full trip from TPY to JUR. The trip took 1 hr 40-45 min. This was due to the early part of the trip that delayed it.

The bus arrived @JUR @1713 hrs, definitely behind schedule. As i got to the TV, I saw that this bus would be departing @1722 hrs! I pity the driver man...

On the return trip.. nothing great happened as i alighted at Pasir Panjang Rd. hehehe...

Note: There were no timings at JUR but there were at TPY. The timings for the last 2 trips yesterday @TPY were 1840 2215 hrs. Today are 0751 1137 1528 1932 2301 hrs.

My parents fetched me at Pasir Panjang Rd to go for dinner at a nearby Pasir Panjang Food Centre. hehehehe..... Home was after that. So that's nothing great... hehehe..

Til then,
COp, out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home